I agree, this is nasty! No spitting, smoking, disorderly conduct, littering, or music except for those coming through headphones.
SMC 12A.12.040 Disorderly conduct on buses.
A. A person is guilty of disorderly bus conduct if while on or in a municipal transit vehicle, as defined in RCW 46.04.355, or in or at an underground municipal transit station, and with knowledge that such conduct is prohibited, he or she:
1. Smokes or carries a lighted or smoldering pipe, cigar, or cigarette; or
2. Discards litter other than in designated receptacles; or
3. Plays any radio, recorder, or other sound producing or reproducing equipment except that nothing herein shall prohibit the use of such equipment when connected to earphones that limit the sound to individual listeners or the use of a communication device by an employee of the owner or operator of the municipal transit vehicle or private communication devices used to summon or notify individuals (“beepers”); or
4. Spits or expectorates; or
5. Carries any flammable or combustible liquid, explosive, acid, or other article or material in a manner that is likely to cause harm to others, except that nothing herein shall prevent a person from carrying a cigarette lighter, cigar lighter, or pipe lighter, or carrying a firearm or ammunition in a way that is not otherwise pro- hibited by law; or
6. Unreasonably disturbs others by engaging in loud or raucous behavior.
B. As used in this section, “municipal transit station” means all facilities, structures, lands, interest in lands, air rights over lands, and rights-of-way of all kinds that are owned, leased, held, or used by public agency for the purpose of providing public transportation.
C. Disorderly bus conduct is a misdemeanor.
(Ord. 116872 Section 10, 1993; Ord. 111860 Section 7, 1984.)