If you want to visit a hypnotist in the state of Indiana for the purposes of quitting smoking, impotence,Â losing weight you must first get a licensed physician’s referral.
Sec. 23. (a) Except as provided in section 1 of this chapter, an individual who is certified under this article may not treat or perform a procedure on an individual for a medical, dental, or psychological problem without a referral from a licensed physician,Â psychologist, or dentist. Medical, dental, or psychological problems include:
(1) mental illnesses, including depression and phobias;
(2) addictions, including gambling;
(3) sexual disorders, including impotence and sexual aversion;
(4) preparation for a medical or dental procedure;
(5) pain and physical complaints, including headaches and nausea; and
(6) eating disorders, personality disorders, kleptomania, sleepwalking, and bedwetting.
The board may adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 to list specific medical, psychological, and dental problems that are included under this
(b) A referral is not required under this section to treat or perform a procedure on a person who desires to quit smoking or to lose
(c) An individual who violates this section commits a Class A misdemeanor.
As added by P.L.175-1997, SEC.7.