Good idea, but poor wording of the law.Â Not enough thought has gone into this to take into account of actors or special events such as halloweens and other situations where this may not apply.
Fraudulently pretending to be clergyman.
Whoever, being in a public place, fraudulently pretends by garb or outward array to be a minister of any religion, or nun, priest, rabbi or other member of the clergy, is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $500.00 or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year, or by both such fine and imprisonment. (Acts 1965, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 273, p. 381; Code 1975, Â§13-4-99.)
Related Stupid Laws, Crazy Laws, and just plain Stupid Laws:
- Trick-or-treating is now allowed on Halloween
- No Wearing a “Lewd Dress” in public
- It’s illegal to wear dark sunglasses or a hood
- Dress like a Miami Dolphins fan in Ada Oklahoma
- Can’t trick or treat after 8PM
Leave a comment